sub

...TALES OF A TRAVELING TOY

Monday, October 24, 2011

New York City, Part 2: A Day Out With Baxter!

So, by Sunday, I wanted to explore the city.  I couldn't think of anyone better to show me around than my friend Baxter Bunny! He is @thebaxterbunny on Twitter. 

He met us at our hotel!
Baxter is a wonderful host.  We went to Grand Central Station first.  It looks just like it does in the movies and on TV!

We are getting directions

Then we went to Rockefeller Center. 
Me and Prometheus!
The nice thing about NYC is that no one looks twice at 2 bunnies out for a stroll. 

We passed a LOVE sculpture!


Then we headed to Central Park.  I just love Central Park.  Griffith Park in Los Angeles is not nearly as cool.  That's just my own bunny opinion.


Bunny Hugs!
 We headed down to Bethesda Fountain and saw a Bride and Groom getting their photos taken.

I wonder if I can kiss the bride?
Then we sat by Bethesda Fountain for a spell.  It was a beautiful Sunday in the park.

Here are some photos of me in the park.





I wanted Gray Rabbit to be in a nice photo of us.
Me and Gray Rabbit
Then we went to the Plaza Hotel to see Eloise, but she wasn't at home.
Is Eloise in?
It was wonderful meeting Baxter, a true gentlebun.  He has a most pawesome blog, and if you haven't checked it out, you must: http://thebaxterbunny.com/

I had a lovely time in New York City.  I wish we went more often.  New York was glad to have me too, because the top of the Empire State Building was lit up in pink lights for my entire trip! Thank you, New York!*

I love you too, NY!!!


*It wasn't really pink for me.  It was pink in honor of National Breast Cancer Month, a cause we wholly support.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos turned out great! I had such a great day with you. I hope you come back soon. You are always welcome here. Next time we'll explore Brooklyn. xoxo

    ReplyDelete